EARLY SCHOOL WORKERS
The presentation will focus on the main results of the ESW project, namely:
INTELECTUAL OUTPUT 1 – UTC transferability guidelines
UTCs (http://www.utcolleges.org) are innovative schools in the UK and their approach seems to be capable of addressing and preventing the Early School Leaving (ESL) problem, as well as the lack of key competences among young people. In these schools knowledge and skills are acquired through the resolution of real problems or projects. Their approaches deliver an innovative training concept, which is able to narrow the gap between knowledge and competences acquired at school and those required by the companies.The possibility to reach these excellent results has been possible thanks to innovative methodologies and by re-thinking spaces, times and learning approaches.
The first Intellectual Output consist of a report on the University Technical Colleges – UTCs and how to transfer the model in other contexts.
The IO1 analyses the following variables:
– Ideal dimensions of schools;
– Organization of times and spaces;
– Organization (professional figures, organization chart, etc.);
– How to relate with the companies;
– Identity of the training enterprise and identity of the student as a learning worker;
– Connection with national standards;
– Standard soft skills PiXL Edge (Leadership, Organisation, Communication, Initiative and Resilience);
– How to realize the PBL didactic model (Problem and Project Based Learning);
– How to personalize the learning process;
– How to use the technologies.
INTELECTUAL OUTPUT 2 – Methodological framework and common tools for developing new curriculum
The partnership designed a methodological framework and created tools useful for the creation of new training paths (curriculum) based on the UTC model. This tool allows to combine the national standards of Italy, Spain and Germany with the innovative elements of the UTCs.